A distributor of specialty chemicals, specialty additives, polymer additives, supplying raw materials to the CASE and Plastics markets, Maroon Group is a well-recognized name in the industry. Having evolved from a small, family-owned business to one of the fastest growing specialty chemical suppliers in North America, Maroon’s unwavering dedication to customers is underscored by the company-wide Creating Customer Success® program, where every employee takes prideful ownership of their role in helping our customers to succeed.
The CASE Account Manager (AM), based in Ontario, Canada, is responsible for the profitable and sustainable growth of the assigned sales territory through new client relationships and current account expansion. The Account Manager will join a team of dedicated sales and service professionals and work closely with the entire North American Maroon CASE team to leverage customer and supplier relationships that will expand the Maroon Group market presence in Canada.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
Builds New Sales Territory and Develops New Client Relationships
- Develops and implements strategies to grow Maroon Group’s CASE market presence in Canada
- Increases profitability of assigned territory by prospecting new customers and adding new business to the portfolio
- Focuses on discovering customers with high-value, strategic growth opportunities
- Actively searches for opportunities to partner supplier offerings with customer needs
- Participates in CASE associations to develop business relationships and stay on top of industry trends and changes
- Incorporates appropriate sales techniques when cold calling and prospecting new customers, ensuring effective communication of Maroon Group's brand and market position
- Secures customer meetings (virtual and in person) with purchasing, R&D, and sales & marketing contacts at potential customer organizations.
- Submits pre-call plans to Sales Director, Senior Commercial Director(s), Product Manager and Product Coordinator
- Moves prospects through the Maroon Group sales process to secure new business
- Utilizes the expertise of the Technical Development Manager to demonstrate value as part of the selling process(s),
- Participates in Product and Sales Training and uses appropriate techniques to develop an in-depth understanding of customers' businesses, and to identify potential needs
- Utilizes the 3-wide, 3-deep strategy to ensure deep engagement with customers
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations and product demonstrations, where applicable
- Addresses customer questions, concerns and inquiries, with timeliness and accuracy
- Logs call information in standard format within 48 hours of customer visit
- Engages in prompt follow-up on company and supplier leads
- Attends and is involved in local industry associations and events
- Participates in weekly one-on-one sessions with Sales Director to discuss existing opportunities and to move opportunities forward to closure
- Conducts monthly Dashboard review with Senior Commercial Director(s) and Sales Director
Sales Territory Leadership - Maintains and Expands Current Account Portfolio
- Manages all assigned accounts, and increases profitability of assigned territory by expanding product sales with existing customers
- Continually seeks to diversify product sales portfolio by initiating new projects that use existing Maroon Group products or require the sourcing of new products
- Develops relationships within active accounts with multiple key contacts
- Secures in-person (or virtual) customer meetings with purchasing, R&D, and sales & marketing contacts
- Submits pre-call plans to Commercial Director(s), Product Manager and Product Coordinator
- Moves prospects through the Maroon Group’s sales process to secure new business at existing accounts
- Keeps the sales pipeline up to date with open qualified opportunities
- Addresses customer questions, concerns and inquiries, with timeliness and accuracy
- Reviews monthly sales reports to determine any trending with increased or decreased sales by product, and by customer
- Works closely with the NA Maroon CASE team to leverage customer and supplier relationships that will expand our market presence in Canada.
Organizational Development, Research and Market Analysis
- Provides input to marketing/market research on opportunities to exploit product positions
- Becomes an expert in end-product industry through research and networking
- Uses acquired industry knowledge and information gained from the Technical Development Manager to provide innovative solutions to chemical raw material needs, in particular, CASE
- Utilizes CRM for call planning, reporting and opportunities pipeline
Internal Relationship Management/Communication
- Participates in regular communication with direct manager (Sales Director) and Industrial Lead (Senior Commercial Director)
- Engages in ongoing communication and works collaboratively with the Industrial team to ensure customer requirements are met
- Participates in status meetings to discuss key accounts and prioritize activities in order to maximize territory growth
- Supports the internal shared resource teams (accounting, customer service, logistics, operations, marketing), as required
- Leads by example to effectively represent Maroon Group’s culture and values
- Makes travel arrangements, while working within policy guidelines
- Completes monthly expense reports as directed by accounting department
- Updates eChempax with pertinent information
- Sends out credit applications to all new customers
- Sends out quotes to new/existing customers and requests samples, as required
Education, Experience, Required Knowledge and Skills
- University or College degree, preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Biology
- Exposure to Continuous Improvement, and Quality Systems training is preferred
- 5 – 10 years of technical sales, product management and/or laboratory experience
- Demonstrated Sales experience in the Chemical Industry, with emphasis on Specialty Chemicals, Specialty additives, Polymer Additives, supplying raw materials to the CASE and Plastics markets
- Proven success as a Sales professional and/or Applicants Specialist, contributing to sustainable, profitable sales growth
- Demonstrated sales management experience with use of a CRM, documenting sales activities (call reports, account plans, customer/prospect profiles, itineraries, account profitability reviews)
- Successful ability to convert prospects to new business and introduce new products to the market
- Strong organization, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, and ability to adapt communication style to the audience
- Exhibits good judgment and professionalism when dealing with both customers and internalteam members
- Self-motivation, high energy, an engaging level of enthusiasm and a positive outlook
- Ability to negotiate win-win situations
- Software knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bilingual (Fluent in French and English) would be considered an asset
- Valid Driver's License and evidence of Insurability
- Account Manager may be required to be present in Oakville office for training and required staff meetings
As a Maroon Group Company, our ability to support our customers’ needs in the Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Elastomers, and Plastics markets in Canada is exceptional. From technical support to global sourcing capabilities, our team is ready to tackle our customers’ toughest CASE challenges.
We are a people-driven company and value the relationships we build. We work hard to ensure our customers can create the best possible products using the ingredients we source from our global supply partners. We know it takes a team to be successful and value each members’ contribution.
Maroon Group offers a competitive salary in addition to a positive and collaborative work culture. We believe in developing people as well as growing our business and we make this philosophy a priority. Our head office is located in Oakville, Ontario.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Subject Line: Attn: Account Manager – CASE CANADA
*Please note that ONLY candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maroon Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.